I was very excited when I came across the brand Lily CBD! The Lily family discovered cannabidiol to be an ideal alternative medicine for treating the same ailments that I suffer from: chronic inflammation, anxiety, insomnia, and everyday stresses. What I love most about this company is that they exclusively work with organic farmers local to their where they operate their business in New York.
Their full spectrum hemp-coconut MCT oil consists of CBD, CBC, CBG, CBDV, CVDA and a wide range of terpenes, available in 500, 1000, and 1500mg glass tincture bottles, stylishly marked with only the words “Lily CBD.” I’m a sucker for clean, modern & minimal typography but I wanted to see if their oil could back up their perfect product design.
It had been at least two weeks since I had ingested any CBD oil when Lily arrived at my doorstep. During that period of time, I suffered from intense migraines and anxious mentalities. I sublingually took a full dropper of their 500mg CBD oil, noted as 16mg CBD on their website and within only 15 minutes I could feel my migraine headache decrease in pain and sharpness by at least 50 percent. Over the next half an hour I continually felt a decrease in pressure in my pain and a more clear headed thought process gaining control over my edgy attitude. The CBD oil itself was so delicate and sweet to taste that I didn’t even bother using a chaser to wash down its flavoring. It was then I decided that I must combine my sweet CBD oil with my new favorite recipe, baked pears!
Baked Pears with Lily CBD
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 large ripe brown pears
- 1/4 cup gluten free granola
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 droppers Lily CBD
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut each pear lengthwise into two halves and using a small spoon, scoop out the pit(seeds) to create to a little cavity in each pear half. Place in a baking dish, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, mix the granola, cinnamon, and syrup until combined. Spoon the mixture into the cavities of the pears, dividing it evenly.
- Drizzle the pears with any remaining syrup, lightly dust with cinnamon to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until pears are soft and golden on the edges.
- Remove pears from baking sheets and drizzle 1/2 dropper of Lily CBD over each pear half. Serve and enjoy.